Wednesday, July 30, 2014

First day

Today was interesting. I don't quite have culture shock, but it is very different from what we are used to. We rode a small  purple airplane to Mae Sat. Turbulence was dreadful, but I slept through most of it. Oh!  And the dogs. There were stray dogs everywhere! A few cats and lizards were around as well. Also, there was a little bit of miscommunication at the place where we got pad thai. (Wayyy better here then in the US). I'm so happy that I learned how to eat with chopsticks before coming here. Anyways, we wanted a woman to take a picture OF us,  but she thought we wanted her IN the picture. Very charming lady though spite the Thai -English barrier. We got rained out after watching a soccer game, I was the only one to bring a raincoat and I'm happy I did. Time to go to bed, after Caiden gets out of it.  My corner on the cot is the only place with Wi-Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment